updated October 2017
Operations Coordinator (Full-Time)
Founded in 1972, the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) is a grassroots membership-based organization that empowers the Chinese community in San Francisco and promotes justice and equality for all people. CPA’s campaigns and programs improve the living and working conditions of working class immigrants and give ordinary community members a stronger voice in the decision-making processes that affect them. Our core strategies are organizing, leadership development and alliance building.
The Operations Coordinator supports the day-to-day office functions and administrative systems of the organization to provide a smooth, stable, effective, and efficient infrastructure of a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Meeting staff, interns and volunteers basic space, equipment, desk, phone, and operational needs
- Facilities management and upkeep
- Serve as a liaison to building maintenance and management office for operational needs
- Support management of vendor relations and contracts
- Support the tracking, service and availability of equipment
- Purchase & Inventory of Office Supplies
- Help manage and improve reception systems and procedures
- Maintain phone reception system, recorded messages, etc.
- Research and secure venues for organizational events and needs.
- Process Incoming Mail
- Manage Credit Card Reconciliation and Reporting
- Type and Organize Meeting Notes and Other Documentation
- Manage Petty Cash System
Project Management (15%)
- Manage operations and administrative projects for CPA and fiscally-sponsored projects.
Organizational Support (15%)
- Support other CPA campaigns, programs and organization-wide activities as needed
- Commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, bottom-up social change and building social movements
- Ability to problem solve and initiate solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- At least 2 years of office admin experience or an AA degree
- Graphic design and layout experience
- Bilingual in English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Literacy in Chinese
- Drivers license and vehicle
Terms of Employment
- This position is being offered as non-exempt position for nine-months with the possibility of extension. This position may be part-time (20 hours per week) or up to full-time (40 hours per week) depending on the candidate’s interest, availability and fit. Please indicate on your cover letter what you are looking for and what flexibility you have.
Salary and Benefits: $19.23 to 24.03 hourly wage (40-50K per year) depending on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (combined in one PDF), and submit three references here. Open until filled.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBT and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply.