Organizational Description: Founded in 1972, the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) is a grassroots membership-based organization that empowers the Chinese community in San Francisco and promotes justice and equality for all people. CPA’s campaigns and programs improve the living and working conditions of working class immigrants and give ordinary community members a stronger voice in the decision-making processes that affect them. Our core strategies are community education and organizing, leadership development and alliance building.
Position Overview: The Operations Associate supports the day-to-day office functions and administrative systems of the organization to provide a smooth, stable, effective, and efficient infrastructure of a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position has the potential for significant growth and leadership opportunities for the right candidate. The position reports to the Deputy Director.
• Meeting staff, interns and volunteers basic space, equipment, desk, phone, and operational needs
• Facilities management and upkeep
• Serve as a liaison to building maintenance and management office for operational needs
• Support management of vendor relations and contracts
• Support the tracking, service and availability of equipment
• Purchase & Inventory of Office Supplies
• Help manage and improve reception systems and procedures
• Maintain phone reception system, recorded messages, etc..
• Provide support to Deputy Director for operations-related tasks including reception, intake, and other administrative needs
• Process Incoming Mail
• Manage Credit Card Reconciliation and Reporting
• Type and Organize Meeting Notes and Other Documentation
• Manage Petty Cash System
Executive Assistance (15%)
• Provide Scheduling and Administrative Support to Executive Director
Organizational Support (15%)
• Support other CPA campaigns, programs and organization-wide activities as needed
• Commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, bottom-up social change and building social movements
• Ability to problem solve and initiate solutions
• Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and project management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Graphic design and layout experience
• Bilingual in English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin
• Literacy in Chinese
Employment Terms: This position is being offered as a full-time, exempt position. Depending on the candidate, the position may be adjusted and tailored to be a part-time position.
Salary and Benefits: $42,000 - $50,000 per year with benefits, depending on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
• Please submit applications by February 15, 2017. Applications will be reviewed as received and the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
Send resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample as PDFs to:
Le Tim Ly
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line should refer to job title. PDFs preferred.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBT and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply.