updated October 2017
Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director (Full-Time)
Founded in 1972, the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) is a grassroots membership-based organization that empowers the Chinese community in San Francisco and promotes justice and equality for all people. CPA’s campaigns and programs improve the living and working conditions of working class immigrants and give ordinary community members a stronger voice in the decision-making processes that affect them. Our core strategies are community education and organizing, leadership development and alliance building
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level executive and administrative support to the Deputy Director. They will complete a wide array of duties, requiring a high degree of accuracy and independent judgment. The Executive Assistant will provide the Deputy Directory with high-level information management support by handling information requests, drafting correspondences and presentations, researching, preparing for and coordinating events and meetings. This person will also support the Deputy Director and the Leadership Team with administrative tasks like scheduling meetings and travel, and completing expense reports. This person will work with staff across the organization, tracking and documenting key meetings and supporting the development of materials for them, including regular Board of Directors meetings. This position is ideal for someone who is eager to support a results-driven nonprofit and to work closely with leadership across multiple departments. In order to be effective in this role, this person will need to maintain an understanding of the organization's strategy, stakeholders, and current priorities.
- Provide executive assistance and high-level information management support to the Deputy Director by handling information requests, drafting correspondences and presentations, researching, and coordinating calls and meetings.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Leadership Team by managing scheduling, travel, and expense reports.
- Provide general and ongoing administrative support to the Deputy Director and Leadership Team.
- Prepare for events, site visits and meetings with internal and external stakeholders including funders or partners.
- Prepare summary briefs and documents to help the Leadership Team prepare for and participate appropriately in significant scheduled events (purpose of event, profiles on VIPs who will attend, goals).
- Work with staff across the agency and with Board of Directors, tracking and documenting key meetings and supporting the development of meeting materials.
- Prepare Board Meeting packets, support communication with Board, and manage logistics for Board Meetings.
- Facilitate regular Board participation in significant organizational work and events.
- Schedule and coordinate regular Board Executive Committee calls.
- Track and support other internal committee work and participation.
- Provide personal assistance and high-level information management support to the Deputy Director by handling various personal matters including research, administrative duties, scheduling and errands.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of initiative and personal accountability for the quality and impact of work.
- Ability to coordinate multiple meetings, tasks, and priorities concurrently.
- Strong understanding of Social Justice and movement work.
- Strong time management and ability to multi-task, handling complex situations in a fast-paced environment while maintaining good sense of humor, patience, and tact.
- Strong oral and written communications skills that can be deployed with a wide array of stakeholders with diverse perspectives and styles.
- Strong attention to detail in communications and scheduling.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters.
- Ability to exercise discretion, excellent judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive, friendly, cooperative, and flexible demeanor.
- Willingness to work collaboratively, but with capacity to work independently.
- Computer literacy with Mac OS, Google Suite/Apps, MS Word, MS Excel and, other basic software applications.
- Ideally, 3-5 years of experience in administrative support capacities
- Drivers license and vehicle
Terms of Employment:
- This position is being offered as a full-time position based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Salary and Benefits: $45,000 - $60,000 per year with benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (combined in one PDF), and submit three references here. Open until filled.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBT and differently-abled people are encouraged to apply.